Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Peace, bipolars!

Ayayay!

Today we took a trip to a place called Cacaxtla to see museums and pyramids and it took way longer than expected so we’re super flustered trying to email and such. We might be finishing tomorrow but I’m not sure, so I’m sorry if I can’t get to many emails this week :(

We are so tired because we had to walk so much and basically hike a mountain in our skirts to get to the pyramids. There were huge weird looking colorful spiders EVERYWHERE and we had to like trek through the wilderness. I have a lot of photos but I’m not sure how many I’ll be able to upload.

Anyways my random things about this week:

*General Conference was so good! I got to watch it with all the American missionaries in the stake center. There were about 5 Hermanas and 7 Elders and it was fun being with them and being able to speak English and everything. There’s something about watching conference as a missionary and with other missionaries that makes it even more powerful. I don’t know about any of you but all of us missionaries are thinking something big is about to happen because of how much the talks were focused on the prophet and sustaining him and trusting in him.

*Some things I learned from conference:

1. Sometimes when we help people they have bad intentions or take advantage of it but it’s not their intentions that matter, it’s about ours and our willingness to serve.
2. We need to consider our options and make our choices with the end in mind.
3. Do what you can, that is enough for God.

*Also I really liked this quote from C.S. Lewis in Lynn G Robbin’s talk, “Courage… is the form of every virtue at the testing point.”

*My favorite talks were by D. Todd Christofferson, Jörg Klebingat, Jeffrey R. Holland, Thomas S. Monson, Carlos A. Godoy, and David A. Bednar.

*So we get to see the Elders in our zone and some from the next closest zone all the time and it’s super cool! There are like 18 missionaries that go to the same church building as us (about 6 per ward), so it’s fun. The missionaries in my mission are awesome! Especially the ones from the Dominican Republic, they are really funny and there are 4 of them in my stake.

*I’m pretty sure there’s mold growing in our house and every time we walk into it, it feels super humid and just wet and I hate it. Also for the past few days most of the time we haven’t had water in the sinks or in the toilet to flush it... And the water for showering has either been cold or way too hot. Life in Mexico I guess.

*I’m starting to like Mexican rap/R&B songs that I hear in the combis or on the streets. Help me!

*I’m probably jinxing myself for saying this but I’ve been liking the food for the past few weeks!

*Here they have this apple soda called Manzanita Sol and it’ so good!

*There are 3 types of transportation we use depending on how far where we’re going. Combis (which I have described before), camiones (like a glorified combi, kind of a step between a combi and an autobus. It can sometimes be the worst thing of my life because it literally feels like you’re going over a speed bump every 5 seconds and that is not an exaggeration.) and autobuses. (Heaven!)

*Scriptures that get me through: 
Isaiah 41:10,13; John 14:18,27; D&C 100:12; D&C 121:7-9

I hope you all are doing well and that those of you who watched conference were able to get a lot out of it because I definitely did! I’m doing great and time is going by fast. I can’t believe my first transfer ends after this week! I think about all of you all the time, and even if I don’t have time to email you back I still read every single one of your emails every week because we get to print them out Monday mornings to read them before we email back. So I promise I still love you even if I haven’t written back in a little while!

Have a great week everyone! (:

Nos vemos,

Hermana Eyring




Saw and walked through webs of like a billion of these on our hike today. I hate spiders!



We got to eat subway in between conference sessions on Saturday and I was so freaking happy!


At the top of one of the Pyramids.

No comments:

Post a Comment