Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"Pues, bueeeeno" (A phrase we say like 1000 times per day.)

Hola! I feel like I just wrote like yesterday haha.

Okay my mind is super jumbled and blown because we just got done watching “Saratov Approach” with some of the members in our ward. For those of you who don’t know, the movie is a true story about two Mormon missionaries who were kidnapped and held for ransom in Russia. Holy cow. If you haven’t seen it, watch it. Their story and the faith they had is amazing. If I were in their place I could not have done what they did. Hermana Lopez and I both cried at the end and had chills the whole time.

Okay, ANYWAYS. My random things from this week:

*I got to see my friends from the MTC a lot this week! On Tuesday all of us had to go to Puebla to sign papers for our visas so we got to see each other and we were in the offices talking for a good hour. After that Hermana Lopez  and I went with my friend from the MTC Elder Estes and his companion Elder Perez to Dominoes and had pizza! I cannot tell you how happy I was to eat pizza. Oh my gosh! It was super fun and Elder Perez speaks really good English so it’s funny to hear him say random phrases that he’s learned.

*I got to see Hermana Peterson and Elder Jarman on Friday at a fireside that Pres. Christensen gave so that was fun.

*On Saturday we had a meeting with trainers and new missionaries so all my MTC friends were there and it was a fun reunion again and the meeting was super good!

*On Tuesday when we got back from Puebla and after the ward missionary activity, we played basketball with the ward and it was super fun. Somehow I was actually doing well and making baskets... that’s a first. But yeah I jammed my thumb pretty bad and it still hurts but whatever.

*One day this week we had 3 La Comidas (our main meal of the day) in 1 day. We thought we were going to die, oh my gosh. We had La Comida then at the 2 other appointments we had afterwards both families offered us La Comida and wouldn’t let us refuse. Somehow I finished all of the food from all 3 La Comidas. I have no idea how because I think I almost exploded.

*When it rains here, it rains HARD. There are no drains in the streets so they turn into rivers. It rained super hard the other day and we had a movie scene moment: We were walking on the side of the road and this man drove directly through a puddle right by us and splashed water all over us. It was just great...

*We figured out the other day that the granddaughter (who we´ve taught a little bit) of our golden investigator Patricia wants to be baptized! She wants to be baptized the same day as Patricia so we have to teach her everything super fast cause it’s in like 2 weeks.

*This week we found 4 new investigators who are all awesome!

*Also this week we committed 3 more people to baptism and we are so happy for them. It felt so good having them accept the invitation that I made.

*When you don’t have a ton of variety of food in the apartment you have to get creative... so one of my new favorite breakfast items is bread with peanut butter and Honey Bunches of Oats sprinkled on top. It’s so good haha.

*Everybody, whether you are Mormon or not; go read or listen to the the talk “His Grace Is Sufficient” by Brad Wilcox. It is sooo good and explains the Atonement of Jesus Christ so well.

*Here, whenever something hurts they blame it on the fact that it’s cold outside... I don’t know if that’s a fact but it’s the first time I’ve ever heard of it.

*The Bishop´s family has become like our family here. I love going to their house and their daughters are super fun. Their son (who just had his 9th birthday party which was super fun) is like our little brother, he´s awesome.

*I’ve learned to appreciate my patriarchal blessing SO much. It gives me so much comfort and makes me so excited for my future.

*So the Women´s session of General Conference was on Saturday. Obviously I had to watch it in English but my companion didn’t want to go to the stake center where they were showing it in English, so some of the Elders were working SO hard so I could watch it on a computer or anything but it didn’t end up working and I felt bad that they worked so hard for nothing. But I got to watch most of it last night so that was good. I´m super excited for General Conference this weekend!

*The daughter of one our investigators has decided that I’m her new English teacher and whenever we’re teaching lessons she will randomly blurt out questions asking me how to say certain things. It´s really funny but really distracting.

*Pretty sure I ate chicken throat the other day.

*I contacted a whole combi the other day with 12 people in it. It was awesome.

*I almost got hit by a motorcycle so that’s pretty cool... I could literally feel him ride past me.

I was looking through the 2 photo albums I have the other day and it made me smile so much and remember all the great memories I’ve had with all of you. I miss you all and love you so much! I´m super, super thankful for all your love and support. Hope you all have a wonderful week. (:

Con todo mi corazón, 

Hermana Eyring



This was super early in the morning so I look really tired! This is my 2 year-old BFF Samy.


Domino's! My first pizza since I've been in Mexico.


Nobody here can cross their eyes and since I'm the only person who can, they call it 
the "Hermana Eyring face" and it's really funny to see them try to do it. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment