Monday, February 9, 2015

"Ok Hermana Eyring, supongamos que nunca tiene éxito con nadie en su vida de amor"

Hola seres queridos!

Well this week went by so fast that I really don't have much to talk about. Also we didn't really take any pictures so I don't have any to send this week, sorry. :(

The week started out rough but ended up good!

We have been feeling super discouraged lately so we went to the mission offices on Thursday and had interviews with our mission president to get advice and to help us feel better. He told us some really good points and gave us blessings of strength. He compared us to Alma in Alma 8 in the Book of Mormon. He compared Serdan (where I live) to Ammonihah and that the moment we were talking to him was like when the angel appears to Alma and tells him to go back to Ammonihah and not give up. The comparison was super cool and we went back and read the whole chapter afterwards and loved it! He also told us that happiness comes from inside. If we depend on the world or other people or circumstances to be happy, we'll never be happy for long. We have to decide what our attitude is going to be and if we are going to be discouraged or not. Our mission president is seriously the best and it makes us so sad that he's leaving in 4.5 months :(

On Friday night we got our legs electrocuted.... haha. We were at the house of 2 of our investigators and they were talking about this new machine they bought and wanted us to try it out. So they massaged our feet (which felt amazing) and put them on this machine that uses electricity to hit nerve points in your foot or something and apparently it's supposed to help your body in some way. But yeah, my legs and feet were like seizing and I could feel the electricity going up my legs and it was so weird and yeah I want to do it again... haha.

Here if you're sick with anything their solution is to give injections... but they give you the needle and everything and you have to do it at home. My companion's knees have been acting up so their solution was to give her shots in her butt and it was the funniest thing and I'm so glad we don't do that in the US.

I just started reading the book "The Infinite Atonement" by Tad R. Callister and wow... I love it so much. I'm only on the 6th chapter out of like 27 and I've already learned so much about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It really is amazing and something I wish everyone would appreciate. It is and He is literally our salvation and I am so thankful that someone loved me enough to suffer and die for me so that I could have eternal happiness.

Well this is the last week of the transfer so next Monday I'll be updating you on if me or my companion have transfers! We're really hoping we stay together for another transfer but we'll see what happens!

I love and miss you all tons and hope you are all doing well(:

Love,
Hermana Eyring


Pictures of our home in Serdan. It's the nicest apartment I've lived in so far. 
This is where we study and hang out. The door that you can see goes
out back where we can wash and hang our clothes.


Our kitchen. Through the door at the end of the room is a balcony 
where we see out onto the street. We're on the 2nd story.

No comments:

Post a Comment