Monday, April 20, 2015

"Sí Elderes, yo sé que Will Smith fue un profeta de Dios" "Espere qué?"

HoOoOola!

Well I don't have much to talk about this week but I have long explanations with each thing... haha... so here's pretty much everything:

* So we were eating in this restaurant and they had a big TV playing music videos super loud and I hear a song I've never heard before (I think it's new but who knows because I'm completely out of the loop.) and it's called "One Last Time" by Ariana Grande and I keep hearing it and it's my new favorite. And yeah being in the restaurant made me realize how separated I am from the real world... hahaha.

* On Thursday we had a special multi-zone conference which was super good! We talked about so much I can't even summarize it. We talked a lot about the Plan of Salvation which was awesome. And I got to see Hermana Camas!! She was telling me all about the area I was in with her. There was a family we were with a lot there and she told me that their little boys always asked about me along with other people and it made me so sad that I had to leave but so happy that people actually remember me there... haha. Also for the conference we got there super early with our district so we went to McDonalds for breakfast (which was actually really gross) then for lunch afterwards we had Subway and I was so happy. They do NOT have that kinda stuff here in Serdan.

* Friday I got sick :( I woke up in the middle of the night and throughout the morning I was in the bathroom throwing up and my stomach was hurting so bad and it was the worst. So yeah we didn't leave the house at all on Friday and I'm pretty sure I lost like 5 pounds... haha. But hey I'm almost halfway done with my mission and it's only the 2nd time I've gotten a stomach sickness! I talked with our mission president's wife and she thinks it might have been from all the Ibuprofen I was taking. (Background: my back has been absolutely killing me the past few weeks, like everyday I can barely stand it. So she gave me this regimen of 3 ibuprofens 3 times a day, so 9 per day.) So now I'm afraid to take medicine since apparently my body can't handle it well...

* Last Sunday my straightener kinda exploded and burnt some of Hermana Pérez's hair off and left part of mine super ugly and burnt and it's still like that and it makes me want to cry every time I touch it. Just thought I'd share... haha.

* A scripture I liked from this week that actually made me really think about things:
Mormon 8:38 (Book of Mormon) "...Why are ye ashamed to take upon you the name of Christ? Why do ye not think that greater is the value of an endless happiness than that misery which never dies. Because of the praise of the world?" From that I learned that it's worth way more to follow Christ and the path that will lead us to eternal happiness than to deny Him and our belief in Him (which will lead to eternal misery) just so the world will praise us. The worldly possesion or "praise" we have here, we won't be able to take with us after this life. We decide here on earth how we want our eternity to be.

P.S. Shout out to the woman who has been my rock and hero my whole life (even though I don't show it enough) and the woman who I honestly don't know what I would do without: My momma! Happy (almost) Birthday mom!!! I am forever thankful for you and all you do for me. (:

Well I love and miss you all as always. The time is going by crazy fast and in less than a month I'll be Skyping with my family. (:

Hermana Eyring


Reunited with mi hija!! She doesn't smile much in pictures 
but I swear she was happy to see me she almost cried (,:


My zone for this transfer, Amalucan Este!




Okay well you can barely see it but the huge bump I got from hitting 
my head on a metal box sticking out of the wall.


Don't have anymore pictures so here´s a nice babydoll that a member killed...

No comments:

Post a Comment