Wednesday, October 21, 2015

"Elderes vamos a ver a las Hermanas. Allí se pierde todo el glamour... comiendo tacos"

Hi,

Well this week was full of stuff... haha.

Today we had a zone activity and did a bunch of stuff. We played Basta, floor surfing (or something like that) and volleyball. Then we took a bunch of pictures and ate these huge taco/burrito things. All the pictures are on my companions camera but it's freaking out right now so I can't send them, sorry :(

General Conference was so great!! I loved it and received answers to all my questions. (: Of course they weren't exact answers because the Lord wants me to be self-sufficient, but I have everything I need to make the right decisions! I loved President Nelson's talk about the influence of women and loved Larry R Lawrence's talk and Elder Devin Durrant's talk too! We're all so sad conference week is over and it's even more sad for me and my companion because the next time we watch General Conference we won't be missionaries anymore. :( I love watching Conference with the American missionaries because we always have a little VIP room and always have food and stuff and our Mission President even watched a session with us missionaries in my stake!

On Wednesday we had a stake missionary training with the stake secretary and it was actually super helpful! He talked to us about how we can work more effectively with the members. Then we had our district meetings afterwards and talked about helping investigators know the importance of going to church. It was all suuuper helpful because the things we talked about are some of the biggest challenges in the mission.

So me, my companion, 2 other companionships of Hermanas and 4 other companionships of Elders are going to do a musical number in the Transfers Meeting in 3 weeks and on Friday we had a "rehearsal" in my last area's chapel. We are singing "How Great Thou Art" in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. (There's an Elder in my zone from Brazil who's helping us learn it in Portuguese)! It's gonna be awesome and we're excited. (:

JANETH IS AWESOME. She is progressing so well and is completely willing to keep all her commitments and keep the commandments. She really wants to change her life and has already come so far!! We can't wait for her baptism.

Well I love and miss you all tons as usual. Hope you loved Conference and that if you didn't see it you get the chance to watch it!! It was amazing. (: (You can see it here: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2015/10?lang=eng )

Have a wonderful week
Hermana Eyring


With Jesus :)


The view from our roof in the morning(:


Some of my favorite kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment