Monday, September 15, 2014

"Pues, pues, pues. Que tenemos aqui?"

(So if you haven't noticed I've started doing random quotes, quotes of the week, or our favorite sayings as the subject line of my emails.) Translation: "Well, well, well. What do we have here?"

Hola!!

I only have a little bit of time to write this so everything is just gonna be all over the place and out of order and random and it will probably not make sense so sorry! I'm kind of going to bullet point this whole email.

Stories of the week:

1. We have failed every single cleaning check we've had in our apartment except for one (they are every week) and last time we wrote a note asking them questions about certain things we were supposed to clean and they wrote a super sassy note back so basically I don't think they like us very much hahaha.

2. So Hermana Sellers and I have become really close with these Elders from another zone at the MTC. We play volleyball with them and just hangout with them sometimes and we are "mejor amigos" now. But the other night they waved us down and we were talking then they told us that their district leader (just one of the missionaries in their district that is assigned to be the "leader") told them that he didn't want them talking to us anymore because he thinks we're flirting and it's a "page 33 violation." (<--- page 33 is the page in the missionary rulebook that talks about interacting with the opposite sex, so every time people see Hermanas and Elders talking they yell "page 33!" and make an X, It's pretty funny and people do that to any Elder that talks to me and Hermana Sellers.) We were really mad! A missionary can't tell us who we can and can't talk to! So we decided we weren't going to listen to him so we still talk to our mejor amigos and he gets mad and he hates us. Oh well!

*Hermana Sellers' and my new favorite thing to do is volleyball during gym time. We kind of suck but we play with the Elders in our district and our mejor amigos a lot and they make it super fun and don't hate us for being so bad and we're getting a lot better!

*Super sad thing happened this week: One of the Elders in our district had to be sent home so that he could figure some stuff out personally and repentance-wise. It was super sad when we found out. We all love him so much and it definitely has not been the same without him :( Also, the district next to us in our zone all left for their missions and it was really sad saying goodbye to them because we were all super close and now they're gone :( And my district is the oldest district in the zone now! Crazy.

*Our zone has this tradition where the oldest district, right before they leave, "passes the torch" down to the soon to be oldest district. A couple nights before the district above us left we had a little ceremony and each person in their district gave a gift to a person in our district. These gifts have been passed down forever within Branch 140 (our zone) and they are all super funny and stupid gifts. When you get the gift you have to sign it with your name, where you're going, and when you started/are going to finish serving. Then you have to pass it on to the next oldest district before you leave. The ceremony is super secret and you can only really know what it is until you're the district who is being "initiated" as the oldest district. Also, there is this huge pile of food and random items called "The Stash" that has been passed down forever. Who knows how long some of the food has been in there haha. The rule is that you can eat anything in the stash but you always have to add to it. So the oldest district are the only people that get to see or eat/use anything from the stash, then they pass it on to the next oldest district before they leave. I love our zone and how we do fun stuff like that!

*My whole district has been sick this week and I got hit hard with a bad cold and cough. It's bad. I'm dying. "Estoy muriendo" has been my most used phrase this week I think haha.

*I got called as the Sister Training leader in my zone so I am up there with the Zone Leaders and have to go to a bunch of meetings all the time now, and have to give the "new district orientation" to the new districts that come in. It's pretty fun! I like having leadership roles.

*One thing I've known my whole life but has definitely become more obvious to me as I've been here: MY MOM IS THE BEST. I LOVE HER SO MUCH. She never fails to send me a Dear Elder message or a package at the perfect time.
         
-Side note: I have given up and lost hope on receiving DearElder letters from most of you. (But shoutout to my family and grandparents and uncles and Heidi Nelson for sending me some this week, they are some of the only people that ever do)

*In my emails I make it sound like everything is fine and dandy all the time. But let me tell ya, THIS IS HARD! I have been struggling so much emotionally this week. The feelings of not being good enough, not being good at teaching, not feeling loved, not feeling strong enough or spiritual enough, etc. are hitting me super hard and this is probably one of the hardest things I've ever done. Some days I just want to lay in bed and cry. Don't get me wrong, other days are great. But man it's a struggle. I have never felt so drained physically and emotionally. I know it's all going to be worth it. But I really appreciate the love and support that I get from my family. They are the best.

*Also, my district is the best. I am not exaggerating at all when I say we're like family. They always know when something is wrong and the other night we had a super emotional district meeting and some of us cried (especially me) and they were all there to comfort me. I feel so close to all of them and it's going to be a sad day when we have to leave them all.


Have a great week everyone!!

Scar on my foot from breaking in my missionary shoes



Funniest Elder companionship in the district. (Don't mind the fact that I look terrible.)


No comments:

Post a Comment