Monday, September 15, 2014

"Son of a freaking biscuit almighty. Flip flippity flip, Elder"

HOLA AMIGOS!

Lo siento, no tengo tiempo para escribir una carta larga. Porque tuve muchos correos that I needed to respond to (<-- I gave up translating to Spanish because I'm that short on time!)

Anyways, this week has been good! First of all, shout out to my family (as always), Jonah, Jaycee, Michele, and Heidi for the DearElder letters! You guys rock!

I'm finally better from being sick so that's good, with the exception of a runny nose or cough randomly throughout the day sometimes pero está bien. 

We got our travel plans on Friday!!! I´ll attatch a picture of the flight plans. I leave on Monday morning! This time next week I will be in Mexico, so crazy! I´m super scared but getting super excited also. I think my spanish is pretty good right now but as soon as I actually get there I know I´m not going to understand anything. That´s always what happens to missionaries when they first go to their mission after the MTC. 

Stories for the week:

* Yesterday was Christmas! Our district decided we wanted to celebrate Christmas since it's our last week together as a "family" and we wouldn't be able to celebrate it with each other out in the field. Then our whole zone decided to join in on the festivities! We wore red and green and kinda looked like idiots but whatever haha. We sang Christmas songs in spanish and at night during study time we watched the Nativity scene bible video and exchanged secret santa gifts. It was super fun!

* Hermana Sellers and I seriously get the best random hookups. For instance, on Sunday for the devotional we were almost late and we walked in and all the seats were taken. As soon as we walked in this man that works there asked us if we were looking for seats. When we said yes he lead us to the front row and took off the "reserved" seats sign and let us sit there! It was so awesome and the speaker would look us in the eye as he was talking.

Okay I'm going over my time limit ahh. I just wanted to take a minute to let you all know how much I love being a missionary. It is SO hard but so worth it. I do not regret this decision at all. I know that everything I will be teaching in Mexico is true. I know that God loves us all and is mindful of all of His children. He knows us all personally. I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is essential for salvation and essential for life in general. I have gained a new understanding and love for it. Through the Atonement we can not only be cleansed and freed from any sin, but we can also be relieved of our pains, sorrows, sicknesses, etc. etc. Christ understands EXACTLY how we feel, no matter what it is, because he has gone through it all. For each one of us personally. So if you ever feel like nobody understands what you're going through, He does. And that will always be true. I know that prayer is always an option. No matter how many times you have or haven't gone to church, what sins you've committed, or anything, you can always pray and God will ALWAYS hear and answer. Even if the answers aren't exactly what we want to hear. I have also found a new love for reading the scriptures since I've been here. I LOVE reading them. I understand them so much more and can always get something important and profound out of them, no matter where I'm reading.

Some scriptures that you should read:

Alma 26:27 - God is mindful of his people.
Alma 7:11-13 - (My favorite scripture about the Atonement.)
2 Corinthians 12:9 - Christ can always make us strong.
1 Nephi 15:11 - If you ask God with faith, you can understand all things.
1 Nephi 3:7 - The Lord doesn't ask us to do anything that he doesn't think we can do.
Alma 37:36 - Dedicate your life to the Lord and everything else will fall into place.

I love the gospel so much. I love that I can be the exact same person I was when I left, but at the same time be so changed and so in love with doing Christ's work. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is so true and that the Book of Mormon is true and that if you study it with a prayer in your heart and a willingness to learn and change, you will always get happiness from it.

I love you all so so much!

If any of you receive a call from a random number on Monday, drop everything and answer it because it might be me calling from the airport(:

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYBODY


Merry Christmas!


I love the Hermanas!


Flight plans to Puebla!


Jamba Juice! A favorite treat on P-day.



Sierra's favorite Jamba treats. Courtney bought them for her as a send-off to Puebla.




Guess who Sierra ran into at Jamba Juice? 
Courtney Wood, her freshman year roommate and long time BFF!


And one of her second moms - Peggy Wood!


They are going to miss each other so much! 
"Hey Court, don't get married before I get back."



No comments:

Post a Comment