Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"Padre, bendice a esos niños que nada más vienen a hacer desastres en la capilla"- Hermano Zeniff

Hi friends...

This was a good week as usual, haha. Just want to start off with a scripture that I love that talks about what being a missionary really is:

3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

So yeah this week it snowed like 30 minutes away from our area and Hermana Perez was so sad because we couldn't go play in it and she has never touched snow in her life. Also it snowed in Tlaxcala so we were upset that we weren't in our old areas for it. 

It also was super gloomy and rainy this week which actually made me really homesick cause it was just like Washington. But then I got over being homesick and was just annoyed with the rain, haha.

I finally learned how to eat a corn tortilla the right way. Apparently I've been doing it wrong my whole mission. There's two sides to a tortilla. One is the "face" and one is the "back" and you have to put your food on the face side otherwise you're just doing it wrong. So one day this week in La Comida they were like "Hermana Eyring... why are you eating your tortilla like that...?" and taught me how, haha... but hey now I know.

So, I'm pretty much a pro at washing clothes by hand now... So that'll come in handy if I ever marry someone from Mexico and move here. (;

I don't know if I ever mentioned this in my other emails but because our mission isn't as safe as they thought, they're going to be lowering the amount of sister missionaries here.nSo this transfer only 2 sisters are coming and after that NONE are coming until December. What?! And so many Hermanas are leaving soon so there's gonna be none of us :( (They are lowering the amount of sister missionaries there from 98 to 50.)

Let me tell you about our two golden investigators. So I've already talked about Luis. He is AWESOME and his baptismal date is March 28th. He already completely quit his addiction! And he told us the other day that he has never been so sure about being baptized in a church as he is now and that he knows this is the right path. Our other golden investigator is Jose. He is new from this week. His son died about 5 years ago and his wife left him the same year. He's super sad and whenever he talks about his son he cries. He went to church yesterday and while we were in Relief Society (the class for women in the last hour of church) he was in the Priesthood class (the class for men the last hour of church). We got out late from Relief Society, so while they were waiting some of the members showed Jose the baptismal font and were talking to him, and then Luis even bore his testimony to him!! When we got there we talked to him about baptism and he said he wanted to be baptized so we set a baptismal date for April 17th!! We have only taught him twice and he has only been to church once and he said he already knows that this is the true church and the true path that leads us to God. Then after church we walked Jose out of church and came back in and Luis was talking to all the members and helping this old lady with her wheelchair and helping put people's things in their cars and aww, we felt like proud parents or something watching him haha. Wow we feel so blessed and we are so happy with how things are going. (:

It's amazing to see how the gospel changes people. That is my favorite thing about being on a mission. Getting to see people change their lives. Seeing where people were before and where they are now. The disposition that people have to change once they accept the gospel into their lives is amazing. God really is a God of hope and of miracles and I am so so so thankful to have the truth in my life. I feel like there are so many people who don't even know the purpose of their life and why they are even here on earth. And I feel so lucky to have that knowledge in my life and to share it with other people.

I love and miss you all more than you know and thank you to everyone for being a part of my life. (:

Sierra(:


Piece of advice from a chocolate bar... haha. We buy these 
Carlos V chocolate bars all the time and they always have 
different jokes, advice, weird things, etc. and I love it.


 What pretty much every day this week looked like... 
(View from our front balcony.)


The snow in the mountains! The other days of the week there was 
more snow but you couldn't see it well in pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment