Monday, March 23, 2015

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

Hola hola hola!

Okay,  to start off this email all inspirational-like...

I always heard/saw the quote in my subject line before and I always wondered... "well what do I stand for?" and I never really knew. But I think I'm starting to figure it out being here in the mission. Just a little something to think about this week: What do you stand for?

Okay anwaysss... what happened this week:

* Today is my 8 month mark wooh! 10 more to go. (:

* On Tuesday we had our 3 month zone conference in our 4-zone area. We were seriously there all day and it was awesome! We learned so much and I loved it. Then we had lunch after and got to talk with everyone and take pictures which is always great.

* This week we started doing the Insanity video workouts every day and oh my gosh... I think it's the closest I've felt to death, haha. And I'm pretty sure I pulled every muscle in my leg because I was just limping around everywhere this week. But hey I'm determined to get off mission weight I've gained.

* One night this week we had to buy something in this mini grocery store before we went home and as we were buying, one of the cashier ladies asked my companion, "does she speak english?" I was like yeah. Then she started asking me all about where I'm from and questions about English and pretty sure EVERYONE in the store - cashiers, customers, everyone - were all gathered around asking me questions and telling me to teach them english and it was the strangest moment of my life. But I kinda felt like a celebrity or something so that was cool. (:

* There are a lot of things that happen here that make it really obvious that people don't like "los Mormones." For example on Sunday we walked out of the church and someone had poured a bucket of kitty litter and dog poop all over the exit so that was great... Then as we were walking back from church this guy intentionally tried to hit me with his motorcycle and we had to jump on the sidewalk. Woooh I love people who hate us haha.

* Something I love about being a missionary is that people we just barely meet trust in us so easily. They tell us things nobody else knows and they trust us with all their problems and secrets and it's kinda cool. 

* Luis has his baptism on Friday and we're so excited! All of the 3 missionary companionships in our ward have baptisms that day so it's gonna be a big awesome baptismal service. (:

Scriptures I like from this week:

3 Nephi 9:14 (Book of Mormon)  "Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me."

Romans 5:1-8: 

1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

I love you all a ton! Have a great week.

Hermana Eyring


Zone Conference!


Zones Amalucan Oeste and Amalucan Este(:


Found Elder "Carrascito" haha. Feat. Elder Lopez and Elder Longenecker


Ate "gringas" for the first time the other night. 
They were all joking and saying I was eating myself haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment