Monday, May 18, 2015

"Como, pues, como como, osea puessssss..."

Hola! 

As always this week flew by suuuper fast. Last night I got to Skype my family for Mother's Day and I'm still super happy about it. I had been waiting for it for so long and it was great to see their faces and hear their voices again. (:

On Tuesday we went to Puebla because I had a doctor appointment then afterwards we went to the mission offices to bring things back to people in our district. (Since we're so far away and can't just go whenever we want.) We had to wait for the medicine of one of the Hermanas in our district to be delivered so we went and got STARBUCKS. They have these yummy pina colada flavored drinks there. It was the best thing ever and I was so excited, even though they didn't have some of my favorite things because they changed them :(

On Sunday for Mother's Day we gave out Daisies and little heart cards to all the women in our ward at church and it made their day and made us happy. I love little acts of kindness!

On Sunday the 4 of us Hermanas had to give  talks in church... I'm sure you all know how much I hate talking in front of big groups of people so I was SUPER nervous. My theme was staying firm and immovable. I literally wrote my talk in like 10 minutes and just adapted it to scriptures I chose. And when I went up to give my talk I lost all my nervousness and the members actually seemed interested so that was good... haha. I'm pretty sure improv talk-giving is a skill I'm gaining in the mission.

Here at parties people love to hire clowns. But not for kids parties, for adults parties. We saw a little bit of a clown show the other night and it was actually super funny and now I want to invite Mexican clowns to any party I have when I get home... hahaha.

TRANSFERS: I'm staying in my area! When I leave after the next transfer I will have been here in Serdan almost 6 months... what?! But Hermana Perez is leaving and I'm so sad :( I'm going to miss having her as a companion so much. Tomorrow is going to be the worst when we're separated. :(

One of the scriptures I used in my talk on Sunday:  Helaman 5:12... "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." If we have our foundation in Christ we cannot fall. He has given us that promise. If we put all our trust in the world or in "man" we will always fall because the world can't give us the real happiness that the Lord does. HE created happiness. He created science, he created love, he created families, he created everything. He knows what we need so that we stay firm and do not fall, we just have to trust in Him so he can help us. And if we do end up falling in our lives, or if we are so distanced from Him that we feel like we'll never get back to Him again, he STILL loves us and he STILL forgives us despite everything. We are never out of reach of his love because we are his Children.

Well I hope you all had a wonderful week. Cross your fingers that I have a good new companion. (;

I love and miss you all!

Hermana Eyring


Starbucks!


Part of the 5 de Mayo parade that passed by our street. (We watched it from our balcony.)


One of my favorite little girls here, Marjory


My other favorite little girl here, Guine (Winnie)

No comments:

Post a Comment