Sunday, May 24, 2015

Rain, Rain Go Away...

Hola! 

Well I don't have much to talk about this week...

We had our big Transfers meeting on Tuesday and it was so great to finally see lots of people after 4 months of not going to the transfers meeting! But I was sad because a lot of my friends went home :(
I was super nervous and our district is last to be announced so the whole time I was waiting super nervously to see who my companion was. We were the last names said of the Hermanas so with process of elimination we knew we were going to be companions... haha. My new companion is Hermana Mendoza! I already knew her a little bit because we were in the same zone for the past 2 transfers. Basically all the Hermanas in our zone are the same, we just changed areas/companions within us.  

Hermana Mendoza is awesome and our first week has been great together! We've been seeing miracles every day and have really enjoyed our time so far. Usually the first week of a new transfer with a new companion goes by pretty slow but this week went by super fast so we already know this transfer is going to fly by. Oh and yeah I'm in my 4th transfer here in Serdan.

Oh! And Hermana Pérez stayed in the same zone as me so we're not too far away. (: We got to see her on Thursday and in a couple weeks I get to see her again at our next Zone Conference!

* This week I hit my 10 month mark so that's cool

* We had a special Zone Conference on Thursday and it was really good. We talked about a lot of things but mostly about humility and helping resolve doubts and ideas of false doctrine. I learned a lot like always!

* It has been raining a TON :( And we always get soaked

There are people that sometimes use the scripture Galatians 1:6-9 in the Bible that says: " 6. I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
 7. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
 8. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." To try and prove us wrong and that what we believe and teach is "blasphemy" (because of the angel Moroni appearing to Joseph Smith). What they think is that the church introduced a new gospel/a new religion into the world. But through Joseph Smith, the gospel of Jesus Christ was RESTORED. It wasn't replaced. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has all the same doctrines, principles, and ordinances that Christ established in his life here on earth. He restored it again here on earth through the prophet Joseph Smith. There is NO other religion or church that is exactly the same. No other church has the authority of God. There is only one path that leads us back to live in the presence of God and I promise you that this church is the only place where you will find it and will find all the necessary saving ordinaces. The church is true and everyone has the opportunity to know it. You just have to try it out and ask.

I'm loving every day here and I hope you all are enjoying yourselves in whatever you're doing. (: I love you all... have a great week!

Hermana Eyring


My new comp. Hermana Mendoza


Elder Smith is finally here!




Some families from my area.


Skyping with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment