Monday, July 6, 2015

Little boy at the zoo says to me: "*gasp* Estoy enamorado de ti." (I'm in love with you)

Hi,

So I usually have a little notebook I bring with me to write my weekly email that has all the things I want to talk about but I forgot it...So I don't really know what to say.

Today we went to this zoo called "African Safari" with some people our age from church and it is the biggest and coolest zoo of my life. We were there forever because there are sooo many things to do. First you start out driving (in your own car) and you follow this path that leads you through a bunch of different habitat type things and there are tons of wild animals like giraffes, zebras, elephants, monkeys, etc. just chillin and wandering around without cages. Then there are different stopping points where you get out of your car and look at caged habitats or things like the butterfly room and bird room. It was the coolest thing ever. I took TONS of pictures but I don't have room to send them all and it would take too long... but I sent a few. (:

On Thursday we had a special conference with our new mission president! His name is President Nelson and him and his wife are great! I think I'm gonna like them a lot. They're really easy going and funny too. So I'm not as worried as I was to get a new president. (: When they first walked in we were all sitting there and him and his wife went through and had every missionary stand up and introduce themselves. The first thing the President said to me was "Hermana Eyring... famous name." -___-

Worst part of my week: MOSQUITOS. They are eating me alive and guess what I discovered? I'm allergic to the ones here. All my bites have swollen up super huge. Some of them to almost the diameter of a tennis ball. :( And they itch like CRAZY at every moment, especially walking in the hot sun. And we literally tried EVERYTHING to get rid of the itch. The thing that ended up working was putting lime on them, and clear nail polish. Oh and lots of prayer too... haha.

It has been raining a ton and super hard this week. The other day we had to find refuge in a random tienda and we were seriously there for almost an hour waiting and it was raining super hard and the street was a river and we didn't have jackets or anything. People literally take of their shoes and roll up their pants to cross the street because it's impossible not to get soaked!

A plus of this area is that we know lots of people with different business so we always get free food and such and it's great.

Well that's pretty much all I can remember. We're in an internet cafe that's playing pure 80's music from the US so that's cool too... hahaha

Love and miss you all.  Have a lovely week!

Hermana Eyring


First boy that's given me a flower in... forever.


Lost my nametag and had to make one out of paper :(


Monkeys climbed onto the car when we were passing through African Safari.


They have Emus just strollin around and one I'm pretty sure wanted to kill us.


Cute little monkey I was playing with.


Bird Sanctuary thing

No comments:

Post a Comment