Monday, July 6, 2015

*First thing strange man I just met says to me* "Entonces Hna Eyring cuantos novios has tenido... 50? 60?"

Hi friends!

Thanks for the birthday wishes last week... you're all awesome! (:

Fun fact: as we were walking to the internet cafe a big bus sped through a huge puddle and splashed us and now I'm soaking wet so that's fun.

I hate saying goodbye :( You know you've been in an area too long when people cry because you're leaving... It was super sad and hard but that's okay I know I'll see them again someday!

TRANSFERS: Well the transfers meeting was super awesome because the WHOLE mission was invited and it was crazy. Okay results: My area is called Juárez and it's literally part of downtown Puebla and the mission offices are in our area so that's awesome. Oh and remember that Starbucks I was so happy to go to? Yeah it's in my area too! The area is HUGE. It used to be 3 different areas but they put it all together into 1. It should probably be a driving area... haha. My companion is Hermana Juvera! We were in the same ward & district in Serdan for 2 transfers (when she was in her training) so we're happy to be together. (: She has 6 months in the mission and is from Chihuahua, Mexico. Also for the first week we were in a Trio and our other companion was Hermana Larsen who was supposed to go home a transfer before me but she had bad knee problems so she had to go home. :( But it was awesome being in a Trio for a while! 

I love my area and my ward. Everyone is super nice here and there are already families who I love to be around and feels like we've known each other forever. It's gonna be a good transfer. (:

There's actually a decent amount of people here that speak English (still with an accent but understandable) so everyone tries talking to me in English and it makes me feel super weird cause I'm completely forgetting English and don't know how to have a conversation...

We kinda share a ward (they cover 2 wards so they aren't there all the time) with one of the 2 senior missionary couples in our ward, Elder and Hermana Arellano. They're the sweetest and best people ever and I love them. They're so lucky cause their rules are so much different than ours,  but it's super fun to have them around.

Now that I'm in an area people always ask me how much time I have in the mission and when I tell them I have 11 months they're all like "ooooh ya se va hermana" (like ohhh yep you're basically almost home) and it makes me feel so weird... The time seriously goes by SO fast!

Well that's pretty much it... Sorry I'm kinda boring this week and don't have like any time to write...

Love and miss you all!
Hermana "Aire" (the name a family here put for me)


All 3 of us have been companions with each other(: Hermana Mendoza & Hermana Sellers


Super bad picture and our noses look super wierd but yeah 
last picture with President and Hermana Christensen :(


One of the converts we teach has parrots and a Tucan, I'm obsessed.


What happens when you forget to put on your nametag and a 
senior missionary lends you theirs as a substitute.


My new best friend Santi

No comments:

Post a Comment