Tuesday, December 9, 2014

"Hermana Eyring you can’t understand me? I’m speaking in ENGLISH!"

Hola, hola. Okay I just want to start out this email saying I’m really sick and my head hurts so this may not be the best email and I might not get back to everyone because I may or may not throw up in the middle of writing. To explain a little bit: we had a double zone activity today (which was super fun) and we played soccer and a little bit of volleyball and just chilled. I was totally fine and all the sudden my stomach started feeling really sick and yeah in the middle of when we were taking our big group photo I had to run to the bathroom and I threw up a ton. It was super embarrassing because everyone knew about it, but por lo menos I got a blessing from some of the Elders because I was feeling really bad. When we finally got home I took an hour and a half nap but I’m still feeling really bad, which sucks because Transfers are tomorrow and we have to go all the way to Puebla (like 1.5 hours away) for the Transfers Meeting. So hopefully I feel better by then.

Okay updates to my week:

On Saturday we had our big Hawaii activity and there were over 150 people there in our little chapel and there were more investigators than members so that’s good. It was definitely a success and we had tons of fun. The missionaries and the ward council were in the church from 1pm-9pm on Saturday to set up, have the activity, and clean up.

Our zone leaders were at our activity and during the activity they found out the transfers so they just told us in person after the activity. The results are:

1. I’m not training (there are only like 4 Hermanas coming in and they apparently are almost all American so obviously I wouldn’t train an American. But I think Hermana Sellers is training and going to be the only American trainer for this group, go her!

2. Hermana Lopez has transfers:( I was happy because I get to stay in my area but super sad because we really wanted to stay together for Christmas. And now I’m really nervous to get a new companion and be in charge of knowing the area and everything well.

3. Half of our district has transfers and half is staying which is sad for all of us.

4.The only other 4 Hermanas in our zone are closing their area and elders are coming in, so me and my new companion are going to be the only Hermanas in the whole zone… ayayay.

Story of the week (which I’m sadly going to have to cut a little short): On Tuesday night we were about to leave with one of our recent converts to the weekly ward missionary activity and these 2 drunk like 20 year olds came in. One was bleeding really badly from his head because he got in a fight or something so we had to help them. The more drunk friend kept trying to invite us to go drink and go to a party with him and he kept trying to tell me in English that I was beautiful and ayayay. He was super drunk and he tried to kiss me and yeah super awkward. Then when they finally left we went to get in the combi and while we were waiting for it to leave the same 2 guys got on with us... ugh. And they kept talking to us again but it was actually really funny because one of them (the not as drunk one) speaks a little bit of English and the one who was super drunk kept asking his friend how to say things in English so he could talk to me. I kept telling him "it’s okay, I can understand you I speak spanish too" (saying it in Spanish) and this happened like 5 times and every time he was like "WOW you speak spanish!?" Even though the whole time I had been talking to him in Spanish. Super funny but super annoying at the same time, haha. We were so relieved to finally get out of the combi.

On Friday night we had the baptism of Sandra, which went super well and we sang a special musical number for her with other missionaries .(Come Thou Fount but translated into Spanish). She felt very good after her baptism and we were really happy!

Also on Friday night after the baptism the Elders in one of the other wards in our building had a talent show activity and they did their act at the end and it was the best thing ever. Background info: There are these things called Trompos (look up the videos haha) and it’s seriously the most difficult thing ever. (I’ve tried it like 1000 times and have only actually done it 5 times.) All the elders in the mission are obsessed with it. So for their talent the 4 of them did all these tricks with Trompos and dances and flips and yeah they were awesome. But before their act, the young women of the ward did a hip hop dance and one of the songs was Wiggle by Jason Derulo and oh my gosh, I have never laughed so hard. The elders were like freaking out and super red and covering their ears and eyes and oh my gosh me and Hermana Lopez almost died. And now the American elders keep singing the song.

3 very important things I learned this week:

* The words to the Macarena song.
* How to cut tape with my teeth effectively. (It practically took a whole army to teach me.)
* Never leave packages full of snacks alone with a room full of Elders because they WILL ransack it.

Well yep there’s my week for ya! We barely taught any lessons because we had so much to do but hey it was still a good week! Hope you all are doing well and once again I’m sorry if I don’t reply to a lot of you this week. Pray for my health so I can be better by transfers tomorrow, por favor. (:

Les amo,

Hermana Eyring


After the Hawaii Activity!


We had a little bit of fun with Hawaii decorating supplies.


Our last Correlación Misional with this district and our ward mission leader :( 
And 2 of the elders didn't even show up haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment