Sunday, December 21, 2014

“It’s not too often we see a white person on the street looking like a hobo.” - said to Hermana Eyring while she was too sick to stand up while walking back to her home.

Well I don’t really have much to say about this week because I was sick... again. Actually both me and Hermana Pasten were. We had to stay in the house 3 whole days. We had "La Gripa" which is the flu. All week I’ve been practically coughing up a lung and I had a fever and my whole body and head hurt. But now I’m better! Except for the whole coughing thing... Which doesn’t really help with contacting people.

On Wednesday we had our big multi-zone Christmas conference in Puebla which was super fun. We sang a bunch of Christmas songs, played games, learned a lot, and ate a ton. It was so much fun to see everyone! Me and an Elder in my district made ugly Christmas sweaters that we brought to the conference and in the middle of when we were were all singing we went to change into them. When we came back in everybody was laughing and clapping and our mission president’s wife made us stand up to model them to everyone. It was awesome haha I didn’t think we’d have that much success with them.

The other night we were doing our weekly planning that we missed since we were sick and all of the sudden a bunch of people showed up to our neighbors house (they live above us). They started singing and chanting things about the Virgin of Guadalupe and the Virgin Maria super loudly for like an hour and we were like, “uhhh what in the world?” Then we figured out that it was a holiday that day... Literally Virgin or Guadalupe day... So that was interesting.

The 2nd weirdest thing that happened this week: The other day we tried to contact this lady and we asked her if we could give her a card that talked about the church. She paused for a second, grabbed Hermana Pasten’s face and pulled it towards her and kissed her on the forehead then walked away mumbling something. It was so strange and we were laughing for a straight 5 minutes afterwards

Since we didn’t really leave the house, that’s pretty much all that happened this week haha. I hope you guys are all doing well and are healthy and happy and in the Christmas spirit (: I have been super trunky and missing you all a ton especially since it’s Christmas time. Enjoy it in the US for me :( 

I love you all!

Hermana Eyring


Our ugly Christmas sweaters!


Los Asistentes y Secretarios and Presidente!


District Christmas Tree picture(:


I felt super sick while we were walking back from the bus from Puebla so I was sitting on the sidewalk and they said I'm the first white homeless looking person they've ever seen... hahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment