Monday, August 10, 2015

"Hermana Eyring: La Güera Poblana"

Hi guys,

So once again I forgot to bring my little booklet where I write everything I want to say in my weekly emails... and I don't remember anything I was gonna say. So sorry!

At the transfers meeting it was awesome because I got to see all of my companions that are still in the mission(: But my trainer Hermana Lopez went home and I'm so sad!

My new companion is Hermana Lopez (another Lopez haha) and she's from Bolivia! She has 14 months in the mission (she goes home a transfer before me) and she's awesome! She's such a hard worker and we've been seeing miracles. And guess what? Hermana Juvera is with Hermana Perez (one of my old companions) now! The 3 of us were together in the same ward in Serdan and now the 3 of us have all been companions... haha what a coincidence.

We're working a lot with the teaching records of old investigators so we've been spending a ton of time this week looking for these people! So far we've found a couple of them and set appointments with them for this week so we'll see how that goes. (:

It has been raining super hard this week. And something I'm realizing is that here EVERY time it rains there's thunder and lightning. But like to the extreme. It's awesome but scary when we're outside...

On Saturday night we had a stake mission activity about the Book of Mormon and it was great! For being a stake activity not many people showed up. Almost all of us missionaries from the stake were there but almost none of our investigators came so that was sad, but we still enjoyed it a lot! The Book of Mormon is SO true and it literally answers whatever questions you have. (Trust me, I've tried it!)

Sorry I don't remember anything else! I love this work and even though I get homesick sometimes, I'm super happy to be here. Being a member of Christ's true church is the biggest blessing I could ever have and it's amazing being able to help people come to the truth and change their lives. I know that God lives and loves us, and that Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I also know that Satan exists and he will do anything to try and push us off the path (or keep us from starting on the path) that leads to eternal life.

I love and miss you all. Have a wonderful week filled with miracles. (:


Saying bye to Hermana Juvera :( Sorry about the tears.


Love my area!


What we do to find new investigators.


Just taking a break in the bushes :)


Playing with the props in the Book of Mormon activity.


This was taken at Transfers when Sierra was introduced to her new companion.


A replica of the golden plates! Don't let their fakeness fool you...they weigh a TON.

No comments:

Post a Comment